Marin Bear Valley 1989 Mountain LX

dalecooper

Senior Retro Guru
Last week went to another part o Limburg to pick up this old steel Marin. According to the brochure it is from 1989 and fitted with Shimano MH452 Mountain LX. This is my first bike fitted with thumbshifters. Overall it is in good shape some rust and damaged paint, but the Shimano parts are in good working order. It is very long maybe that was normal for that time? Or it is a tad too big for me! Enjoy the pics!

Re:

Cool, I'm after one of those myself, 88/89, to go with a couple of other Marins from 88.

Re:

It feels big because it is - that looks like a 20.5 inch frame, which might be OK if you're over 190mm in height.

Also, that stem is far too long. The original stem would have been 120/130mm in length. Try the Wanted section or look around Ebay for a genuine Marin replacement.

Another member posted this recently (I can't remember who it was, so can't credit him):

Attachments

• 1989 Marin Bear Valley.jpg
    1989 Marin Bear Valley.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 908
Re:

:facepalm: Mostly i buy bikes who are too small in size... Let's see how this one rides otherwise maybe i can make someone else happy with this one.

Re: Re:

JonTom":w34kesja said:
Don't see many '89 bikes. Looks to be in good condition. Enjoy!

Aye indeed and i think youll find the comfort of the ride quite a pleasant change if youre used to modern .

Are you intending to make any changes ?

Back