Man caves

addicted":3ok6vv3k said:
Also the wife says there is no way thirteen bikes are going in the house.

Then you need 13 wives, and just keep one at each house ;)

man caves though, don't actually have one currently, my previous "cave" was a single car garage with the old kitchen units fitted into it, it was actually quite plush. My ex-wife said I spent more time in the man cave than I did in the house :LOL: note the use of "ex" ;) :LOL:

foz":3m8q3oin said:
I like dazdc5's - it has character!

and why does everyone in the states need such a large vehicle???? what is the point???

We have large roads. I have never been to England but it is on my bucket list. I have only seen movies or pictures and I can tell you our large vehicles would not make it through those narrow streets.

The reason I own a large truck is when my freinds and I go backpacking, biking or camping all the gear fits nicely and we are riding long distances for up to 8 hours in comfort. I can fit 5 bikes and camping gear.

jimo746":cewi56xh said:
addicted":cewi56xh said:
Also the wife says there is no way thirteen bikes are going in the house.

Then you need 13 wives, and just keep one at each house ;)

man caves though, don't actually have one currently, my previous "cave" was a single car garage with the old kitchen units fitted into it, it was actually quite plush. My ex-wife said I spent more time in the man cave than I did in the house :LOL: note the use of "ex" ;) :LOL:

:LOL:

Dude I have been to the states quite a few times and if I lived over there, I would have a truck to ... :cool:

I have seen them on the UK roads but you are right, completely impractical for most day to day situations over here - commuting, shopping etc. Most modern houses don't have big enough drives, most garages wouldn't fit one in :-(

I couldn't get one in a parking space at work, I drive a suv (a small one by your standards) and that's bad enough, the car parks in town a pretty much a no go area and if you do wedge it in somewhere, expect door dings when you return ... :-(

WD :D

Yes there is a bike in there. I have never really considered myself a collector.
It's hard to believe I used to get cars in there!
Look at the rusty Marin frame on the left. here it is today:

Attachments

• painted3.jpg
    painted3.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 392
I used to paint cars and motorbikes, and I enjoy painting as I haven't done it
for so long. Those three frames are mine.
I suppose I would be described as a collector. I have a few push bikes I haven't ridden
in two years, yet I will happily buy more!

WD Pro":2oxz9pwg said:
That's holding the felt on ... :LOL:

Joking aside, there are some very nice garages / man caves in the UK but compared to over the pond, there pretty small ...

Big, well furnished ones (with three ti bikes, a big truck and loads of spare space :LOL:) are pretty slim on the ground ... :LOL:

I am currently trying to make best use of my garage space (i.e. Trying to cram everything in) :LOL:

This was the start with my detailing kit :

Yes, that's a wall on each side - that's as wide as mine gets ... :LOL:

WD :D

So spill the beans what's hiding under the cloth - a single seater?

Back