Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Ok, so I want to build up a set of Maggies, & I want them in red.
spares box has a complete but slightly rough set of Frogs, one lonely Johnny T , and a full set of HS11 ripe for a re-spray but with only one lever. Easy, find either another HS11 or HS33 lever and crack on Mr Peachy.
But... have you seen the bloody stupid prices for spare Maggie parts on eBay? I’m tempted to just spray the Frogs & keep the rest for spare parts. 8A914A7A-9025-47DE-861B-C965DAE60106.jpeg

Last edited:
You might be better off selling the Frogs and buying some red Tomacs or something. Sure I saw a set of red ones for sale on one of the Facebook groups the other day, there’s a Magura HS brakes fan group!
40667B10-152F-48D9-8745-96E67E29756F.jpeg

Yeah... but are my Frogs with their chipped paint really worth more than the above red Tomacs going for £150? Because if they’re not and if I can’t find a right hand HS11 or HS33 I may as well respray them surely?

Maybe not, and I think those red ones are pricey.
Depends how much time you’re prepared to put into finding a lever and repainting callipers , and what value you put on that time. Knowing you you’ll enjoy the finding & painting process 😉. The quicker, and perhaps simpler, but more expensive option would be to buy a set of red brakes and then sell the red/greens you don’t need to recoup most of the outlay.

Give me a message Chris, Easy enough to disassemble Magura's and spray them (did it with the Lotus). I'm sure I've got a lonely HS33 lever in the Magura drawer.

I would say leave the frogs as they are and source another hs11 lever. They are pretty common and go for a lot less than Racelines johnny t's or frogs. You usually find them on full bikes cheaper.

I would say leave the frogs as they are and source another hs11 lever. They are pretty common and go for a lot less than Racelines johnny t's or frogs. You usually find them on full bikes cheaper.
Hadn’t thought about a donor. Good shout

Cheers chaps,
Just looking for a HS11 now for this; A33E6150-4D79-4403-B679-3A7AB6DFC384.jpeg

Back