Mafac cantis

Bit late to the thread but I use several Mafac Canti sets and find they are really good once set up and with Koolstop pads are as good or better than anything else available. On my Mercian and Jack Taylor I use them with Mafac levers. Really like them for feel and stopping power.

Jamie

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4509.JPG

I had my first five minutes ride with them today, nos Scott m- something pads, look like similar compound to salmon. Hey, they're great, kept accidentally locking my back wheel! Where'd you get your hoods?

Hi Mike
Glad you liked them and they worked well for you.
Do you mean the hoods on my Mercian, well funny thing about them hoods.... I have a few Mafac levers on my bikes and a couple in the spares box. These are really nice and smooth and mainly very clean so put them on the Mercian when I built it back up with new bars etc. They are actually Dia Comp but as you may see in these photos that they are great from the front but are way too short at the bar, so bodged some bar tape but I plan to change them soon. I thought they were a better fit than the last lot of Rustines hoods I tried. The Dia Compe stay supple a lot longer too.

Jamie

Hi Mike
Glad you liked them and they worked well for you.
Do you mean the hoods on my Mercian, well funny thing about them hoods.... I have a few Mafac levers on my bikes and a couple in the spares box. These are really nice and smooth and mainly very clean so put them on the Mercian when I built it back up with new bars etc. They are actually Dia Comp but as you may see in these photos that they are great from the front but are way too short at the bar, so bodged some bar tape but I plan to change them soon. I thought they were a better fit than the last lot of Rustines hoods I tried. The Dia Compe stay supple a lot longer too.

Jamie
Thanks, dia compe 165? If you could glance at my gate thread I have a picture of the levers I have. Thanks

Back