MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

Re:

Hi Rob, yes it is bike related. I’ve got a bit of a think for old MTBs, motorbikes and cars. My collection is getting a bit out of hand!

Hi Dyna, thanks for the heads up. That’s a great pic! I get to store my MTBs in the dining room but the wife draws the line at motorbikes in the house! Lol.

Re: Re:

JRGSXR":30jn1dsb said:
Hi Dyna, thanks for the heads up. That’s a great pic! I get to store my MTBs in the dining room but the wife draws the line at motorbikes in the house! Lol.
That's my living room and I'm in a first floor flat ;) :LOL:

Re:

Well on one hand.......

Total respect!!!!!

And on the other.........

I’m glad I’m not your neighbour! lol

clubby":2e7kd905 said:
Ask Rob what’s in the loft, if he can remember :LOL:
Thats what happened to the old neighbour :shock: co-op was completely out of cling film for a month.

Hi folks.

Getting my arse back in the saddle after a 12 year gap.

I used to spend my spare time doing Jujutsu and biking and hiking in the cuds until contracting Lymes disease.

It's been a long road back but I'm lucky, most folk end up in a wheelchair.

Last year's Covid was the icing on the cake. Now I'm on the mend, I'll be using that "still in the box" turbo trainer I treated myself to a couple of years back.

Once the legs and lungs improve I'll hit the road again. You can't dodge buses and taxis if you're breathing out of your hoop.

There are some stunning bikes on the forum.

My first bike was the legendary "nut nocker", the Raleigh Chopper. I was useless on racing bikes to be honest but got along with a Puch okay.

I'm over the moon to have found this forum.

Go old school!!!

Hi, good news on your continued recovery! You dont need to be particularly fit to come on a Macretro ride, most of us are auld bimblers anyway 😄, hopefully the Covid situation will gradually improve this year and we can all get out on our bikes a bit more.
Got any plans for your bikes this year? Re-build/refurbish etc?

Hi Jimo746,

I've tinkered with bikes for years, learning the long way by getting it wrong the first time, what a difference those vids on "Ya Choob" make!

Going to refurb my Apollo bit by bit. The geometry fits me and having used it so often it's handling is second nature to me.

There are better bikes out there for sure but I'm used to old school heavy basic bikes.

I've started wobbling about this week on an Activator I was gifted, might check the "wanted" ads for a pair of stabilisers.

It's in great nick for it's age and it'll do as a runaround for now. Bit of an uncomfy ride but maybe that's me not the bike lol.

Got to ask, your username? Those numbers aren't your "last three" by any chance?

Last edited:
Back