M950 cranks

toaster999

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just got a new set and I'm paronoid about the decals rubbing off if I use it. Any ideas on a suitable covering to protect them? Helicopter tape maybe, but will that take the decals off if its removed?

I know this is a bit sad...

toaster999":31u4lyiy said:
Just got a new set and I'm paronoid about the decals rubbing off if I use it. Any ideas on a suitable covering to protect them? Helicopter tape maybe, but will that take the decals off if its removed?

I know this is a bit sad...

Not sad at all, I've put some 'Fablon' onto my decals on my PACE Forks (both sets) Its doing a good job at protecting them, applying a little heat will remove it from the decals but may cause the decals to lift up. either way its never going to be protected fully, but does repel superficial knocks and bumps, not to mention oil, dirt and grease which can degrade decals.

leave them for show, and buy some crappy ones for day-to-day use.. :oops:

Or ride with your heels out?

In all honesty I think heli tape will be fine, although you could use it like a plaster and have a form of 'lint' over the decal and the tape to hold it all on.. ?

I usually cut a section out of an old road inner tube - say 4 inches .. and slide over the crank arms - thus protecting them from rubbing - and keeping them looking new

Back