Wanted M or L Rigid MTB 90's preferred

Finnemto

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I am looking for a 90's hardtail preferably a steel frame, rigid fork. Happy to consider a variety of conditions and need it to be around 18" frame size. Looking for something like a Kona Fire Mountain or Hahanna etc.. Happy to spend up to £300-£400 for the right bike. I am in the SW (Cornwall) but can jump in the car if necessary :)

I've got a medium diamondback apex which is in good condition. I got it as a project to build as a stablemate for my axis TT, but it's too small for me sadly. It's a lovely Matt/sarin blue colour, I recently bought a set of original matching forks (quite lucky to find). I've most of what would be the original kit for it (LX drivetrain, cantis, sugino impel cranks and original finishing kit). The bits that aren't are the saddle, grips (have various options), and wheels (more modern deore on Mavic rims, not matching but close).

The LX stuff is pretty minty, in fact it's all very tidy, I'd be building it to use if the frame was my size.

If it's of interest I can grab some measurements and pics of the parts I have to build it.

Attachments

• PSX_20220619_114245.jpg
    PSX_20220619_114245.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 8
  • PSX_20220619_114145.jpg
    PSX_20220619_114145.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 8
  • PSX_20220619_114214.jpg
    PSX_20220619_114214.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 7
  • PSX_20220619_114229.jpg
    PSX_20220619_114229.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 7

I've got a medium diamondback apex which is in good condition. I got it as a project to build as a stablemate for my axis TT, but it's too small for me sadly. It's a lovely Matt/sarin blue colour, I recently bought a set of original matching forks (quite lucky to find). I've most of what would be the original kit for it (LX drivetrain, cantis, sugino impel cranks and original finishing kit). The bits that aren't are the saddle, grips (have various options), and wheels (more modern deore on Mavic rims, not matching but close).

The LX stuff is pretty minty, in fact it's all very tidy, I'd be building it to use if the frame was my size.

If it's of interest I can grab some measurements and pics of the parts I have to build it.
Thanks for the message I’ll certainly keep this in mind. Thanks

These are awesome and this looks like a nice one.
Please buy it so the temptation goes away!

These are awesome and this looks like a nice one.
Please buy it so the temptation goes away!

Thanks for this I thought this had sold?

I’ll be letting my 1990 Marin pine mountain frame forks, stem & bars go soon, its Marin 17” c-c which measures 18.75” centre to top, I can include a few bits with it if you let me know what you need. 2E590C0A-17A4-45E7-BB5F-920BFE28FE27.jpeg

It’s alright, certainly not mint but no nasty rust, although some cable rub has some light surface rust.. I can take a load more photos if you like?

I love it, I got it to build slowly in lockdown but built quickly and have been riding as gravel/road bike for which it has been brilliant! It’s always been a little larger than I usually ride though and a smaller 91 version is now on its way

Back