Lotus Sport Campagnolo (finished pg24) & XTR (finished pg29)

Re: Look for one Lotus Sport and two come along!

The History Man":20n0av0w said:
We are all shiney underneath.
Blimey that's a bit deep for 9 o'clock on a Thursday morning

PeachyPM":3dsk92ov said:
Retro Spud":3dsk92ov said:
Yeah THM

When he fits the canti studs or hangs a chain on it you’d better be ready and prepared to breakout your unreserved adulation and shower him with flowers - boxes of chocolates along with supplying a well washed nymph to wipe his sweaty brow,

Oh you’re so in for a treat Mr Potato.... these babies have finally arrived :LOL:

A whole month on and still no update, what’s been distracting you ?

Mr Potato can wait no longer for a shiny update

Retro Spud":2890lmun said:
PeachyPM":2890lmun said:
Retro Spud":2890lmun said:
Yeah THM

When he fits the canti studs or hangs a chain on it you’d better be ready and prepared to breakout your unreserved adulation and shower him with flowers - boxes of chocolates along with supplying a well washed nymph to wipe his sweaty brow,

Oh you’re so in for a treat Mr Potato.... these babies have finally arrived :LOL:

A whole month on and still no update, what’s been distracting you ?

Mr Potato can wait no longer for a shiny update

I got a free pass for Mountain Mayhem, but right now every waking moment is being spent on completing the roof on Peachy Towers before we go off on holiday....

There will only be the very occasional secret/under cover of darkness work on bikes till at least the end of August as there is tonnes to do inside as well..... :(

:D Quick update.... forks needed adjusting, (one longer steering tube, the other shorter and re-threading :roll: ) so off they went to danson67 ;) due home soon, can’t wait......

Peachy!":2h0cp9ep said:
Quick update, Gil knocked it out of the park again. :cool:

After lots of mucking about with different sizes and three different head badges for the red bike! :shock: I’m finally happy…. :D

file.php

Missed this thread but was prompted to take a look via the '48 thread.
I have to admit that I was not hopeful after reading the first couple of posts. Re-badged British Eagle :facepalm: I'm not sure if I am a snob but that phrase and the sight of the bikes at the start did not get any juices flowing.

But chuffing heck! :shock: Those look AMAZING! :cool: I love it!
I love how they look, I love how they are being built in 2 classic Lotus colour schemes and I love that they are a Campag and a Shimano build.
Top work fella. :mrgreen:

firedfromthecircus":2oxdbcsg said:
Missed this thread but was prompted to take a look via the '48 thread.
I have to admit that I was not hopeful after reading the first couple of posts. Re-badged British Eagle :facepalm: I'm not sure if I am a snob but that phrase and the sight of the bikes at the start did not get any juices flowing.

But chuffing heck! :shock: Those look AMAZING! :cool: I love it!
I love how they look, I love how they are being built in 2 classic Lotus colour schemes and I love that they are a Campag and a Shimano build.
Top work fella. :mrgreen:

Cheers.... :D

TBH these should have been finished months ago as we have all the parts ready to bolt on, all except for the forks…. the ones in the picture are faking it…. :oops:

To explain;
The steering tube on the longer fork (on the green bike in photo) is too short for the red larger bike where it belongs, whereas the steering tube on the short fork (on red bike in photo) is too long for the green bike where it belongs…..
And that’s where they were going to stay until I met Danson67 "the steering tube man" at Mountain Mayhem.
But I was under strict orders from team captain THM to leave him alone until his Overbury was sorted…. Anyway, prompted by THM’s post a few weeks back HERE I sent my forks off to Dan for one to be lengthened and the other shortened with extra thread cut.
I wait by the post box like a coiled spring…….. ;)

firedfromthecircus":1ux5ypk5 said:
Missed this thread but was prompted to take a look via the '48 thread
Warning to anyone else who has had the misfortune of not following this thread... it's very informative, very thorough, very entertaining & very shiney therefore MUST be followed from page 1

Thanks... :cool:
G.

Graham_hkr":5nj5uhfe said:
firedfromthecircus":5nj5uhfe said:
Missed this thread but was prompted to take a look via the '48 thread
Warning to anyone else who has had the misfortune of not following this thread... it's very informative, very thorough, very entertaining & very shiney therefore MUST be followed from page 1

Thanks... :cool:
G.

Cheers bud...... still doesn't get you out of MM20 though!!! :D

Latest posts

Back