Lothian and Central rides thread

Sorry Velo, Mrs JRGSXR has plans for me tomorrow 😔. I’m going to have to give it a miss.

Alas did not get out on any trails but did ride it around local park. Fits me like a glove and everything works smooth as silk. Reviewed a few vids on how to ride a modern hardtail, that's going to be the hard bit. I am going to have to reverse over 20 years of ingrained riding habits. Keeping my weight forward and on top of the bars while going down hill and over techy bits to make the fork do it's thing is the opposite of years of steep angled xc biking with short travel forks. I did notice Jock stands up and leans forward on his Sonder as he descends so that's something I am going to have to get into. Hopefully I am not too old to learn new tricks. Possibly going out with my neighbour and his mates on Wednesday evening for their local xc loop so that may be the first true test.

Not a single 2023 ride here?

It's 2024 and the apocalypse is nigh.

We need bombproof rigid retro steeds that can survive EMPs. None of this e-boy fat bike stuff.

Is anyone keen for a pootle around the Pentlands or something mellower?

Practice has already started, I rode to a shop the other day.

I’ll be starting to head up GT in the next few weeks, boring but new trails to be hit due to Buzzards removal…

Will be trying for 7:30pm runs as the nights get lighter

That's great and all, light is nice. Where's the retro meet ups and rides at? I wanna see some 70/80/90s bikes outdoors in the wild

Back