Look what I've just got!…..Orange C16R

JediPaddler

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Got a text from a mate the other day who was clearing out his garage. He knew I was into Retrobike so asked if I wanted an old frame. And here it is

20140120_130753_zpsje6bayi3.jpg

Orange C16RS. Anyone know the significance of the RS? only heard of the C16R. It also included the bits attached, including the XLite seat post.

So what to do with it? First need to find some forks. Original F7's maybe??? Thoughts?

Welcome to the C16R club, or in your case C16RS, I also have a Black 19" C16RS Frame awating build, basically the RS denoted the Spec in this case (RS = Race Specials) things like Forks, groupsets, etc denoted it above the standard C16R. Great bikes dont forget to add yourself to the thread;

viewtopic.php?t=182168

Look forward to seeing it take shape :D

Jussa :)

Attachments

• Orange RS (Race Specials).JPG
    Orange RS (Race Specials).JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 554
Thanks for the reply. Race special indeed….maybe that should inspire and direct the build????

Will look at the other thread too.

Cheers

I'd always assumed that the RS stood for Rockshox. (Cos they were all fitted with RS forks)

That'll teach me to read the words as well as looking at the pictures. :roll:

Never been very good at that. :D

Nice frame BTW

Isn't it a '96 like mine, rear canti hanger but seperate seatpost clamp?
Btw i own matt24777's old white frame. Apologies but i will get round to doing a build thread and get some pics up. :oops:

Excellent and highly underrated frame.

I built one up for my (grown up) daughter which has undergone much updating of running gear, and she would not be parted from it for the world.

Back