Look Mi90 “Quadrex” - VTT tout Français

ibbz":2v8qnhyg said:
Rank_21":2v8qnhyg said:
Thats probably 94bcd and mavic was 110/130 from what I read somewhere...Sending to the uk is a nightmare now, you need to fill out some annoying forms for value of items, HS codes etc.

- For the stem = https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Potence-Vitus-A ... 1438.l2649
Could use one of those adapteurs?

Thanks for that - I have bought the cranks now.
I’d want a quill stem rather than this type. So difficult to find a French made one like the fillet brazed one on that French beauty above.
I’ll keep a look out. If I have no luck I might in the interim get a syncros as it’s made in Canada (like the frame) until I do manage to find one somehow.

I just spent the last few days skim reading french mag's from the 90's. There are 2 brands: metalium(titanium stem) and belleri who released 1 1/8 quill stems. I didn't say as I reckon there probably impossible to find!

Rank_21":23amks15 said:
ibbz":23amks15 said:
Rank_21":23amks15 said:
Thats probably 94bcd and mavic was 110/130 from what I read somewhere...Sending to the uk is a nightmare now, you need to fill out some annoying forms for value of items, HS codes etc.

Thanks for that - I have bought the cranks now.
I’d want a quill stem rather than this type. So difficult to find a French made one like the fillet brazed one on that French beauty above.
I’ll keep a look out. If I have no luck I might in the interim get a syncros as it’s made in Canada (like the frame) until I do manage to find one somehow.

I just spent the last few days skim reading french mag's from the 90's. There are 2 brands: metalium(titanium stem) and belleri who released 1 1/8 quill stems. I didn't say as I reckon there probably impossible to find!

Man! That’s a lot of time and effort - I hope it wasn’t my fault! :eek:
I’ve been searching the internet and sale sites for any French made quill stem - I think you’ve been far more successful. All I can find are 1” road stems. Unless something bespoke comes up then I think it will be impossible.

The mags had a wealth of info. Found new frames to look out for aswell as geometry for the frames which are unobtainable elsewhere. Likewise for parts. I got a pic, just can't upload as the format isn't compatible

Rank_21":3nn6cpgy said:

Measured the Mavic Dakar Chainrings at 64.7mm (hole to hole)
This equates to 110 BCD (using this table)

Running my set on Cook Bros cranks. Although not French Themed cranks, the chainrings do fit without any issues.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• BCD spec.jpg
    BCD spec.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Cooks with Mavic.jpg
    Cooks with Mavic.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 201
boy"O"boy":w311a1dl said:
Rank_21":w311a1dl said:

Measured the Mavic Dakar Chainrings at 64.7mm (hole to hole)
This equates to 110 BCD (using this table)

Running my set on Cook Bros cranks. Although not French Themed cranks, the chainrings do fit without any issues.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy
Thanks man, I must say, your cranks look sweet - the graphite colour and with the cooks especially - different class!

I will get you both some pics at the weekend of the saddle and bars as they are buried currently. I nearly got a Mi80 frame myself today but that fell through. Shame as I still have all the bits from the rusted out Mi80R I had so could have built it back up. Still I did get a couple of other bikes from the same seller which will help to donate parts for some of my other projects.

gtturbo":264a2kcg said:
I will get you both some pics at the weekend of the saddle and bars as they are buried currently. I nearly got a Mi80 frame myself today but that fell through. Shame as I still have all the bits from the rusted out Mi80R I had so could have built it back up. Still I did get a couple of other bikes from the same seller which will help to donate parts for some of my other projects.
thanks

I wanted some thoughts

busy collecting parts before I make a start and so far.

I'm stuck on the Stem - A French made stem would be ideal - but any available are 1" whereas this is 1. 1/8"
Even a Look Ergostem is out of the question as that's 1" for the quill.

So if all fails I was thinking I should go for a Syncros Cattleprod - the reason being that it's made in Canada - like the Look Mi90 frame is.
Does anyone know of any other alternatives? French Canadian or just canadian? Even unbranded fillet brazed 1 1/8" stem.

thanks

Back