Wanted Long Stem

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've been holding off posting a wanted ad because I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for. I've decided that seeing what is available might help.

I'm looking for a long/extra long stem:
* could be quill or ahead
* 22.2 mm quill or any size ahead
* some rise would be good, but may not be essential
* cable routing is a bonus
* removeable faceplate or similar a bonus
* any condition - in fact the scruffier the better
* doesn't need to be mega light, but not tooo heavy (preferably sub 350g)

Probably the best option I've found so far is this, if it was 22.2 mm:
https://bikerecyclery.com/handmade-...-hanger-cable-stop-150mm-x-25-4mm-325g-green/

Any overly long stems you want rid of?

Don't have one (I don't think I do).
But you should be able to find 150mm Syncros stems, with rise and the later removable (swing) front plate. No hanger and not the best looking.
In 1" or more ahead, late 90s

You may be able to find early 1991 long 150mm in 1" quill, with noodle and look better. But not as common and no front plate.

Don't have one (I don't think I do).
But you should be able to find 150mm Syncros stems, with rise and the later removable (swing) front plate. No hanger and not the best looking.
In 1" or more ahead, late 90s

You may be able to find early 1991 long 150mm in 1" quill, with noodle and look better. But not as common and no front plate.

A Syncros stem would definitely be a good option, if it was affordable. I've always liked the shape of them, especially with the noodle.

Swing/removable face plate isn't essential. I was thinking of using bullhorn bars, but if I can't I'll try to get a good position with striaght bars and bar ends.

Got several 130mm, you can have a couple for £5 posted.

Thanks for the reply. By "long" I was really thinking 150mm+

I might consider something a little shorter if it was nice though. If you have further details or a photo that would be great.

Think my Raceface one is my longest spare going cheap:

Think my Raceface one is my longest spare going cheap:

Thanks. I'm hoping for something a little bit longer. Maybe I should change the title to 'Tiller Wanted!' 😅

150 is very normal.....what are you all talking about!....I (like most normal people) being well over 6' tall use them all the time....got a few diddy 130s if that helps...

Latest posts

Back