live tracking gps apps??

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
moooorning all, a good friend from work who used to cycle and race tt and road bitd recently(2yrs ago) had 4 brain tumers removed via the usual and fantastic efforts from the NHS. He is now in the postion whre he can go on shortish rides 10-15 miles comfortably and with little pressure and effort.

However, his wife is really worried he will black out and wants to keep tabs on him, is there a live tracking app available so she can see where he is in real.....ish time? Free would be nice but a simple and cheap one would do

cheers

chris

endomondo has always done it (alothough not updated vry often, every few minutes). I think he latest paid strava does it real time, with SOS alert

actully maybe the strava version isn't that good...never used it, i use a garmin and that real time updates to my GF when I go on a ride...but thats a bit more than free.

Re:

If its an (urgh..) Apple, I believe there's a way to track phones by pinging it.
For apps, there's one called Glympse that's used by quite a few people, organisations etc that use it for tracking mobile events like charity rides, cross-country treks, etc.

Re:

Quite a lot of them do it now and plenty of none 'cycle' ones.

Also Android can have it's location sharing turned on built into the phone, think you may need to use their site (finding a phone or wife ;-)) or Google+/Maps. Not tried in a while.

of course they need a data connection.

Back