Reduced Lightest square taper cranks in the world?!!

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
Extremely light ....my scales are a bit dicky at the mo but they're sub 325g from memory!
I can't remember actual weight but I was going with a 49 42 on these and well below 450 with aluminium bolts. Looks like the inner could run a 38 tooth.
They've seen chainrings and bottom bracket and pedals but not to full torque.
5x130 bcd
Cost me a fortune 😂 and I no longer have a road frame worthy of such a treat!
For your neo retro maybe?
£120 posted now 100 posted !

IMG_20220513_175954_512.jpg

IMG_20220513_175927_590.jpg

Last edited:
These are rather lovely... assuming because of 130bcd they are Shimano size?

They are quite cute not too modern either which is what caught my eye.
Yes they'll fit Shimano rings or basically any rings that are 5x130 bcd I think they're specifically for 9 speed going by bolt flange however you can run run them with 7/8 speed with a spacer if needed.

They're what I would call a spinners crank...they are light so not best suited to big gear grinding legs!
Always fit these cranks with a steel bolt...you can swap them to a lighter bolt if you want to save even more weight once they torqued up!

They are quite cute not too modern either which is what caught my eye.
Yes they'll fit Shimano rings or basically any rings that are 5x130 bcd I think they're specifically for 9 speed going by bolt flange however you can run run them with 7/8 speed with a spacer if needed.

They're what I would call a spinners crank...they are light so not best suited to big gear grinding legs!
Always fit these cranks with a steel bolt...you can swap them to a lighter bolt if you want to save even more weight once they torqued up!
Even when I was younger I could never do 'dinner plate' chainrings...48/39 sounds good to me...but on bikes which take a brazed on front mech...you can't do a 48 or 49.

I'm an odd one I kind of mix it up a bit!
My touring bike is a 42 49
My fun bike let's just go somewhere is 39 53
And theres other strange stuff ..one bike has a 64 😂
So you can't get enough drop on the braze on mount to go smaller rings?

I'm an odd one I kind of mix it up a bit!
My touring bike is a 42 49
My fun bike let's just go somewhere is 39 53
And theres other strange stuff ..one bike has a 64 😂
So you can't get enough drop on the braze on mount to go smaller rings?
50 is the lowest you can go with a braze on for your larger chainring.

Back