Late 70s Frenchman

BITD 'Eco'= Economy, but I suppose being 90% made out of recycleable steel could be both now...

Actually they were really easy to fit and adjust, if one got all but disastourosly bent 9 times out of 10 you could mangle them back to working order again🤣.

Just hundreds upon hundreds of them, something different like a golden arrow was a pleasure...

I have to pass this on sadly. Having done so with the Langsett and the Concorde lately, only this one stands in the way of my Viking Medallist refurb:

https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/not-another-viking-saga.420824/#post-3086094

which is the project I've been wanting to get stuck into since I accquired it.

I've had the old Frenchman on Gumtree for what seems like weeks, not wanting to post it, and despite nearly 300 views only one enquiry and it was too big for them. And dropping the price regularly...

As a special offer to RB users I'm willing to let it go for what I paid - namely ixty squid - but it has to be collect only. Norwich is the place. Just about as far from anywhere in the UK as can be. Dohh! probably shouldn't have mentioned that...

Anyone interested? I'm told those brazed on Mafac brakes fetch more than the asking.

Thanks all

Last edited:
Back