For Sale LANGSETT PROFESSIONAL 21" 1961 For Sale

This is from the time when Langsett were trying to reboot their fortunes by producing these top quality bikes. Sadly it came to naught, so this is a pretty rare beast. And a nice one too.
Although, given the current state of the market the price may be a tad high. I'd have thought around the £500 mark might produce a result. But as usual let the market decide...

What's the frame number? I have a list of all bikes produced in '61.
EDIT guessing it might be 521261? A Professional supplied to JA Webster Cycles of Chesterfield size 21 /1/2" in maroon.

Last edited:
LANGSETT PROFESSIONAL 21" 1961

RAYNOLDS 531 DOUBLE BUTTED TUBES
NERVEX PRO LUGS
BROOKES SADDLE
JACK TAYLOR 3" STEM
G.B ALLOY TOUR OF BRITAIN BARS
MAFAC RACER BRAKES
CAMPAGNOLO GRAN SPORT FRONT CHANGER
AIRLIGHT L/F QUICK RELEASE HUBS
DUNLOP 27"X 1 ½" ALLOY RIMS
STRONGLIGHT CHAIN WHEEL
LYOTARD BERTHET PEDALS
£750
LOCATION IS CHESTERFIELD
BUYER TO COLLECT
View attachment 854009View attachment 854010View attachment 854011View attachment 854012View attachment 854014View attachment 854015View attachment 854017View attachment 854018View attachment 854020View attachment 854021
Cor!

I've done a little more research. This bike, and others like it produced in the early 60s, represent the pinnacle of Langsett production. Sadly, like many small producers of the time, they found it increasingly hard to sell their output - their last bikes of a long and fantastic line were made in 63/64. Only 4 were made in those 2 years.
The resurgence mentioned above was from about 1977-8 but was unsuccessful - despite each bike made having a Sheffield (where else?) hallmarked sterling silver head badge!

I've done a little more research. This bike, and others like it produced in the early 60s, represent the pinnacle of Langsett production. Sadly, like many small producers of the time, they found it increasingly hard to sell their output - their last bikes of a long and fantastic line were made in 63/64. Only 4 were made in those 2 years.
The resurgence mentioned above was from about 1977-8 but was unsuccessful - despite each bike made having a Sheffield (where else?) hallmarked sterling silver head badge!
Thanks i'll show my dad the posts tomorrow when he comes up

Back