Kula 2000

Pipmeister

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
If you have been following the story, then you’ll know that this is the 2000 Kula that came with the “Buy One Get One Free” deal that I stumbled across on e-Bay thanks to al-onestare :)

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=325928

Anyway, as you can see this is as immaculate as the 2000 Explosif that I managed to win. The seller and his other half had bought them both from The Bike Factory in Cheshire in 2000. It appears that they only rode them on a few occasions, and then that seems to have been pottering around on the pavements :shock:

The Explosif was correctly listed as 19”, and Kula was listed as 17”, but I couldn’t be sure that this was correct. My plan was to sell the Kula to a work colleague, with a view to recouping some of the cost - I had after all “gone for it” big time on the bidding. As it turns out, the Kula is 18”….. so I will be keeping it. Oh, and the Glow In The Dark decals do still illuminate.

Everything is still as it was in March 2000 when it left the shop (sticker still in place). You may have noticed however that the Crank is XT, where the Kona Spec. lists an LX Crank.

2000%20Kula%20050615_DS_zpsrxvhcibv.jpg

2000%20Kula%20050615_F_zpseyywogrd.jpg

2000%20Kula%20050615_R_zpsimv1dky0.jpg

2000%20Kula%20050615_NDSR_zpsbk0cfn5v.jpg

2000%20Kula%20050615_NDSF_zpshplbwmj0.jpg

Pip.

Mate..with the whole " 2 bike purchase"..you played a fxckin blinder...well done you..you deserve it..I always say "the best comes to those who wait" :cool:

What i would say..if poss lose the dealer sticker on the seat tube ;)

Again..well done

Ernie ;)

You did mental well with both.
Thought I'd bump this one because for the bike I don't feel it had enough posts.

Re:

Cheers Ian,

I’ll probably keep this bike as stock – unlike the 2000 Explosif that I bought at the same time!

I may pop on a lighter Cassette sooner than later, and then see about rebuilding the rear LX hub with something lighter. The front has a funky Ritchey Pro with cartridge bearings, so something similar would be nice.

Pip.

Back