Kona sex too 1997 renovation

for the bomber i've got it by pdf! ;)
If it is about the Bomber : I'd like to warn about using a torque wrench for older, used screws and threads!!
All torque numbers are for new parts, unused und none oily threads only! Older screws and threads will not behave like new ones, means you will use in real a higher torque and this is the reason so many screws or threads will be destroyed.
All this threads in aluminium fork parts are just little softy babys, never tighten it that strong! I know, most users do this because of experience and than they send me the forks to repair it. E.g. all the Bomber crowns, which had cracked have been cracked because of too much torque.

Please just do it by hand manual and don't use much power to screw it in M4 and M5 threads!!

If it is about the Bomber : I'd like to warn about using a torque wrench for older, used screws and threads!!
All torque numbers are for new parts, unused und none oily threads only! Older screws and threads will not behave like new ones, means you will use in real a higher torque and this is the reason so many screws or threads will be destroyed.
All this threads in aluminium fork parts are just little softy babys, never tighten it that strong! I know, most users do this because of experience and than they send me the forks to repair it. E.g. all the Bomber crowns, which had cracked have been cracked because of too much torque.

Please just do it by hand manual and don't use much power to screw it in M4 and M5 threads!!
ok, I'll go with the feel

Magura how hard it is !!
Here I am in the brakes chapter:
Magura hs11 ... I have no introducer for Magura Barbed Fitting.
I created it with 2 grooved pieces of wood,

introduttore 2.jpg introduttore 3.jpg introduttore.jpg

but I could not insert the barbed gasket as it bent the nylon tube even using the rubber hammer ..
introduttore 5.jpg

so I helped myself to hold the gasket straight with a steel nail and hammer. iron (the head of the nail protected the gasket)
kona quasi pronta.jpeg
Now it remains only to purge the circuit

Attachments

• guarnizione spinata.jpg
    guarnizione spinata.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 2
step by step i am finishing the restoration ... i bleed and replaced the fluid in the magura hs11 system ... now i just need the booster arc to be able to have a safer braking WhatsApp Image 2022-06-19 at 22.44.58.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-06-19 at 22.44.59.jpeg

ladies and gentlemen ... I am pleased to announce that the restoration is finished !!!! yay!
thanks to everyone for the advice .... it was a pleasure to bring her to a second life !!

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-01 at 12.48.55.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-07-01 at 12.48.54.jpeg

Back