Kona Misser replica 1997

mk one":359f44ly said:
al-onestare":359f44ly said:
I've just ordered a copy of that mag (article) too ^^

It's pretty mad he was winning on these things and there're still in one piece (well at least those ones).

Quality bikes, and a suspension design that worked very well :)

What number issue is it, do you know? just so i dont have to read through every copy to find it again :LOL:

#64 apparently and I can't make out the month in the ebay pic :LOL:

those Klein's are insane almost look a bit like a nodding donkeys

if we're playing spot the tiny detail - are you missing the rivinuts on the bottle bosses

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 371
Retro Spud":2orcclb8 said:
those Klein's are insane almost look a bit like a nodding donkeys

if we're playing spot the tiny detail - are you missing the rivinuts on the bottle bosses

Oh yes:

eiEP4U.jpg

and what's up with these little grub screws? There's another one I found yesterday.

BM581t.jpg

al-onestare":1dgi47rl said:
Retro Spud":1dgi47rl said:
Peachy!":1dgi47rl said:
Christ..... 5 pages of this.. before the build has even started! :facepalm:

unless it gets spammed by THM - I thought all the best ones start like this..... capturing peoples imagination and sparking debate in the prelude to the build starting

didn't Mike Muz have a thread once that got to 6 or 8 pages and when the frame turned up it was bent to hell and therefore we never witnessed a spanner raised

Even better is when a poster posts my picture of my own MTB Spanish magazine that I have right in front of me (along with the December 1996 edition of MBUK) :LOL: And let's me know the differences - we'll get to those my friend - I'm well aware of them ;)

The difference is this will definitely get built and we'll filter rumour with facts wherever possible. As you can see, it's a very murky story but those are the best ones.

So, here are a few more shots including the most beaten up Bomber I've seen in a long time. I'll bet my mortgage there's zero oil left in them.

Not complaining BTW....

One question I do have (& one that might get scoffed at) but what’s your plan with the gold/bronze anodising damage?
Strip & start again? Or “history preservation” of warts & all?

al-onestare:27kcf2tz said:
mk one:27kcf2tz said:
al-onestare:27kcf2tz said:
I've just ordered a copy of that mag (article) too ^^

It's pretty mad he was winning on these things and there're still in one piece (well at least those ones).

Quality bikes, and a suspension design that worked very well :)

What number issue is it, do you know? just so i dont have to read through every copy to find it again :LOL:

#64 apparently and I can't make out the month in the ebay pic :LOL:

Well that took a while 🤦 next time i will start with the last box first :LOL:

Yes, issue 64, June '07 im sure you will scan some good shots in when you have the mag, for now though... P1012008.JPG P1012007.JPG P1012004.JPG P1012003.JPG

Last edited:
Re:

Al
Before I shut up and quietly pull up a chair instead

Is there a reason for posting hosted pics as some of your great threads have missing pics (sadly like a lot of others) it would be a shame to lose some or even all of them at some point in the future and with it a sauce of information archiving.

Like I said I’ll shut up now.. (promise)

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":1v9hzu36 said:
Al
Before I shut up and quietly pull up a chair instead

Is there a reason for posting hosted pics as some of your great threads have missing pics (sadly like a lot of others) it would be a shame to lose some or even all of them at some point in the future and with it a sauce of information archiving.

Like I said I’ll shut up now.. (promise)

No worries. I have everything on hard drives and I pay for my hosting i.e. it's "my" content ;)

Back