Kona Misser replica 1997

Always love the pics you manage to source for your threads :cool:

What colour Big Un's are you after? Will have a look next time i am in storage, may have the odd 521 left and poss a wheel built up with a Big Un hub, can't remember what rim that had on it though. Unfortunately sold my Gen 1 deemax and my Gustav M brakes.

hubs2.JPG

Oooo lovely stuff dude.

Silver would be spot on, black or red (even faded for the patina aesthetic) would work.

Front hub 20mm bolt through, rear standard qr.

Well the silver hub above looks 20mm, i will get that out too when i dig around, should be able to sort one wheels worth of parts at least.

Here you go, what i found after a quick rummage. The built wheel has a blue hub and is on a disc rim.

20220818_162217.jpg

When Mr Waugh wants to take a picture of your bike, you know it's got something special 😶‍🌫️

P5Gwz6.jpg

Hopefully you can see the rear triangle is looking much cleaner after a good session with some autosol. I managed to clean up the whole frame, removing a lot of nasty sticker residue and some very old glue around the head tube.

At the Malverns, Jamie's stand, just across from the Kona, had two bikes that I could have stripped and used to build this up. I was thinking of ideas to distract his team all weekend...

Instead, and perhaps more sensibly, we had a good chat on Sunday and we'll see what we can do to sort out the wheels and brakes. It was ace to meet so many people who were interested in her. Is it a Turner, is it a Kona, the most common question. Two chaps really knew their onions and were super-stoked to see one in the flesh - really cool to see.

Back