Kona King Kahuna Frame "KK..."

Birty001

Retro Newbie
Hi all, Never posted on a forum before but have been reading the interest shown in KKH's and impressed with the depth of knowledge. I wanted to share my own steed which I've owned from new. Its a KK frame and is still in orginal spec from purchase at Mud Dock, Bristol. Immaculately maintained. Gets ridden every now and then to maintain moving parts. I also have a Cannondale Super-V 1,000 disc (in red with white Mavic Crossmax wheels - very bling) which I bought on the same day. My heart says I should sell them to someone who will appreciate them (and buy a Yeti Arc to go with my SB6) but my heart says 'no'.

Spec incl:
Headset - Orbit Xtreme
Front Mech - XT
Rear Mech - XTR
Brakes levers - XT
Brakes - XT V-brakes
Stem - Azonic ORC
Bars - Bontrager EA70
Wheels - Mavic Crossmax ceramic rim (still shod in the original IRC Mythos tyres)
Forks - Mazzochi BomberZ2 Super fly

CD24163E-320C-4EE4-B0C7-FCA06287AC25_1_105_c.jpeg

Welcome to retrobike and you should have posted sooner! Lovely looking bike you have there. Those cranks are rather pleasing too. I know most folks go for xtr but the xt's suit the bike really well.

Hi all, Never posted on a forum before but have been reading the interest shown in KKH's and impressed with the depth of knowledge. I wanted to share my own steed which I've owned from new. Its a KK frame and is still in orginal spec from purchase at Mud Dock, Bristol. Immaculately maintained. Gets ridden every now and then to maintain moving parts. I also have a Cannondale Super-V 1,000 disc (in red with white Mavic Crossmax wheels - very bling) which I bought on the same day. My heart says I should sell them to someone who will appreciate them (and buy a Yeti Arc to go with my SB6) but my heart says 'no'.

Spec incl:
Headset - Orbit Xtreme
Front Mech - XT
Rear Mech - XTR
Brakes levers - XT
Brakes - XT V-brakes
Stem - Azonic ORC
Bars - Bontrager EA70
Wheels - Mavic Crossmax ceramic rim (still shod in the original IRC Mythos tyres)
Forks - Mazzochi BomberZ2 Super fly

View attachment 578374
Hello there, I would like to add your frame to the Kona Titanium Serial Number list. Would you be kind enough to send me a picture of the Serial Number?

If you are concerned regarding revealing the Serial Number of your frame to the world, then I can either assure you that I will not place it on the Kona Serial Number List and merely use it for my own records, or if you take a glance at the list, you will see that the owner of any frame is not revealed on the List even, if it features on there.

You may find some useful information regarding the Kona Titanium Custom Program in the link below - scroll down to 1st Aug 20 2019:

Kona Titanium Serial Number List:

BTW, that is a lovely example of a 19" 1999 frame - some were painted with a matching Orange Head Tube that ran down to the Top Tube and Down Tube Decals.

Pip

Last edited:
Back