Kona Explosif.... One foot in the grave? .... SHES ALIVE !!!

Love the attention to detail. Restorations are so satisfying especially when saving the original gear.

Will be doing this to a 92 gold Explosif shortly.

Re:

last few ...

V1jNUej.jpg

Wmaa6ma.jpg

qCg8FcY.jpg

i6s4CqT.jpg

Joe_Rides":3a0d4ujm said:
Lo

o I drive past the RHS place quite often on my way to jobs. Never been to the abandoned place in the woods though, may have to check it out. t.

its worth it mike .. but dont leave it too long .. big changes are on the way and access might not be possible in future.

Had a thoroughly enjoyable ride out on this last weekend.
all clean ready for action ...

lyHzYhg.jpg

qSL6XnK.jpg

r1XuAZ0.jpg

kdcRSF8.jpg

Picked up the Huddersfield canal just outside Manchester… onto the Leeds canal then up to and around Dovestone Revoir at Greenfield. Then back to Manchester … the weather was ideal.

FwdNghx.jpg

LXmQ7mJ.jpg

DwTLDNh.jpg

The only downside was this tunnel which, without lights was a bit hairy

LIE0pxH.jpg

The bike performed impeccably... so frigging smooth. it even received admiring comments from 2 other none retro bike riders.

Cracking photos, which tunnel is that? It's probably slightly out of my normal range to be honest but i'm not a million miles away.

Keep thinking about joining the Rochdale canal and riding to Hebden bridge, then back over part of the pennine bridleway towards home (Bolton).

Reactions: enc
Cracking photos, which tunnel is that? It's probably slightly out of my normal range to be honest but i'm not a million miles away.

Keep thinking about joining the Rochdale canal and riding to Hebden bridge, then back over part of the pennine bridleway towards home (Bolton).
Thanks. It’s Scout tunnel on the Huddersfield canal.
that picture doesnt show the half of it. Luckily my mate had a light on his bike which helped .. a bit. Stupidly, I tried riding it to begin with but soon realised without a light this was madness. Fun but dodgy. I’ll post an expanded version with additional pics in the ride thread.

Latest posts

Back