Kona Explosif Fake????

urbanfireblade

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0392073855

I asked the seller if it has a fluted downtube and swells out at the bottom of the seat tube(and described what exactly each thing looks like incase he didnt know what fluted and swells meant) and he said no to both.
So is this just a plain lava dome or simillar ilk?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It's probably still an explosif although hard to tell... The fluted (ribbed?) downtube didn't appear until the 1993 series bikes, this frame should be tange prestige concept so will have ovalised top and down tubes. The slightly iffy pics and lack of the bluey grey tange sticker on the seat tube don't help though.

I've no idea if frame numbers will help on this one but I'm sure there's a man on here who may know ;)

I have a '94 Explosif frame (at this moment in time waiting to get back from being resprayed :D ) so based my questions on the down tube and seat tube to what mine was like, i didn't realise they vary depending on year!
Agree with the photos, could be alot better, but maybe someone might get a bargain because of that?

I agree the pictures are bad, but it looks like a 1992 Explosif to me, size 16.

With better pictures, you could be more certain, but there are three characteristics of Tange Concept to look for - one, the top and down tubes are the same size; two they are ovalised, so the top tube doesn't wrap around the seat tube as far as a round tube would; three they are tapered, so they are 30mm deep at the seat tube joint and 34mm deep at the head tube joint. I think you can see the tapering in the side-on shots, and it isn't just a trick of perspective.

Latest posts

Back