Kona Bikes UK Store (re)Launch, Chertsey UK 19 March 2022

What a day and this doesn't go anywhere near what an amazing, brilliant event it was. Total respect and kudos to Ben and the team!

2nlMke.jpg

ZvnAkS.jpg

W9P1KS.jpg

More to come :p

Gutted missed this, could have bought mine along. Hope the shop is going well post re launch.

It was a great day! You are more than welcome to visit any day, we will almost certainly have another store event at some point to celebrate new stock for my23
Great, do you also keep any stock suitable for mid 90s retro builds. Bottom brackets, headsets and the likes.

And is the mechanic happy to help tinker/tune with old parts rather than just bin for new 🙈

Same with old wheel builds with old rims & hubs. ?

Hi, yeah, so we have very little in the way of NOS… but we do of course keep most of the standard 68/73 sq BBS in common lengths. 7/8/9 freewheels, cassettes, chains. Modern decent 1/1.8 headsets. Mechs etc.
I am one of the mechanics - yes we’ll work with old stuff, we love retro re builds. I guess the work has to economically make sense. We have fixed some old shifters for example, but if it’s going to take hours then we would be quoting to charge for our time. We do like a period correct build but preferably with working parts supplied!
We’ll do a wheel build of anything, let’s use either really good condition spokes, pref New equivalent, and not mess with ancient nipples though!

Hi, yeah, so we have very little in the way of NOS… but we do of course keep most of the standard 68/73 sq BBS in common lengths. 7/8/9 freewheels, cassettes, chains. Modern decent 1/1.8 headsets. Mechs etc.
I am one of the mechanics - yes we’ll work with old stuff, we love retro re builds. I guess the work has to economically make sense. We have fixed some old shifters for example, but if it’s going to take hours then we would be quoting to charge for our time. We do like a period correct build but preferably with working parts supplied!
We’ll do a wheel build of anything, let’s use either really good condition spokes, pref New equivalent, and not mess with ancient nipples though!
Brilliant, that’s great to know and more than reasonable approach for a shop.

I’ve only ever found 1 guy who will build an old rim/wheel and 1 other mechanic of suitable age/knowledge for when I don’t have the right tools for the job.

Keep up the good work.

Back