Knight

Old Ned":1j3pcxnw said:
dirtydog":1j3pcxnw said:
Midlife":1j3pcxnw said:
Dura Ace 7100 was late 70's to early 80's links in with the frame which has over bb cable guides and nutted brakes. Classy frame and kit :)

Not really sure what to do with it? I saved the poor thing from the tip!!! :cry:

Good save! Knight frames were quite good and with the early DA it's a great find. I would keep it if I had found it.

Worth Googling Knight. I think they may have employed ex-Viking builders?

Yeah, I'm really pleased I caught it before it was chucked! It's not something I'd keep if I'm honest. It may get sold 'as is', or I may do a complete strip down and rebuild? Those components need a darn good clean and polish! :LOL:

Midlife":pudgk585 said:
What some people throw out amazes me, why throw out a few hundred quids worth?

Exactly mate!

And the sad part is, how he told me he'd once loved this bike, and he'd done thousands of miles on it! The mind boggles! :facepalm:

Re:

I don't know whether to be happy or sad for you... that you don't get how or why that might happen..

Re: Re:

torqueless":3thy4j93 said:
I don't know whether to be happy or sad for you... that you don't get how or why that might happen..

Not quite sure what you mean?

To clarify for you.....I meant I found it difficult to understand how someone could throw away something, they'd been attached to, and had served them well? But I guess we're all different... :|

Did a little research on Knight cycles, interesting stuff! Surprised to find out, than even at their peak they were only knocking out 7 frames a week! Unfortunately when the frames started pouring in from Taiwan and China, knight's frame building days were soon to be over, and by the early 90's they were gone! Apparently they still build wheels, but only small one's for the likes of Brompton...

Back