KMR Retro bike tech pages

Fluffy Ben sent me to this site a while ago ,loads of good stuff ,mag 21 and manitou tech being especially useful

Charlieboy28":2fbkfal4 said:
but DeeEight is referred to as Paul on here, these pages were written by Kristan Roberge ?

I don't know who this "paul" person is supposed to be but my real name is Kristan Roberge, and when I wrote the articles and made my web pages, I was posting under my real name on the usenet newsgroups (rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.off-road, alt.mountain-bike) because that was the net ettiquette for doing so back then (1994-1997). I made the webpages to quit having to re-type the same sorts of answers over and over again to different people asking the same questions. When I switched to using mtbr's forums instead of the usenet groups, which were at that stage going downhill, I started posting under aliases. As it happens, my absence from the newsgroups led to sheldon brown emailing me after nearly a year to find out if I was still alive.

Some really good stuff the Kristan. I look forward to being able to browse the whole site. We could have done with you on the greasing tapers thread. :D

Back