Klein Rascal - winter project

Re:

For what its worth I'd fit skin walls and 1.9's at that (max)

I know this sound dumb but those black tyres on dark rims make it look heavy.

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":2k0klh2n said:
For what its worth I'd fit skin walls and 1.9's at that (max)

I know this sound dumb but those black tyres on dark rims make it look heavy.

Tempted to agree with you on this.

Should be getting the forks back tomorrow, so will get the bike built and try with the wheels built for it then the wheels off my Team Issue which you'll have seen on page 1 of this thread (with the Smoke Lite's).

I'd second the skin walls too they'd not look out of place where as the black walls do (abit modern me thinks)

Picked the forks up today; thanks to Steve at Caygills. I've left the steerer tube uncut at this stage and fitted some spacers, just to see what it rides like as is.

Time to get on with the rest of the build.

Tried out both sets of wheels. First up was the set I'd built for this. Hope Fatso/Ti-Glide on Mavic D521 CD's with the black Dart and Smoke Re-Issues 2.1's.

Untitled by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

Then the wheels off my Marin Team Issue. Pace RC50/ Hope Ti-Glide on Avenir Duro 17'2 with Skinwall Smoke Lite 1.9's

More for comparison.

I think I've made up my mind which one's I'm going for. Any guesses?

Now to get on with cabling it up.

Retro Spud":ismiftqy said:
But what you going with ?
For now, the skinwalls.

Other option will be to whip off the Dart/Smoke 2.1's from my RTS and see what they look like. Either way, looks like my newer Zaskar has got itself a set of new wheels and I'll have to get a replacement for the Marin.

Anyway, got it all built.

It's not shifting quite right at the rear, so may have a little more tinkering tonight.

Had to improvise a little on the cabling behind the BB as I don't have the specific Klein anti chain suck plate with the cable guide. Maybe that's causing the issue, or it could be the shifter itself.

Weather depending, I'll try and get out for spin tomorrow on it now work's all finished for Christmas.

:cool: Nice

I think both looked ok, but i would have been tempted to try the wheels you have on with the blackwalls :)

mark

Back