Klein Attitude Mardi Gras F & F

Braggard

Dirt Disciple
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Isn’t that a relative bargain?

I seem to recognise the eBay sellers name, I’ve either bought from him before or have noticed he’s had nice stuff listed.

Braggard":qp127b41 said:
whilst mentioning it's had a repaint, doesn't mention by whom

...think it may have just been a bystander when the potpourri factory exploded :shock: :LOL:

Re:

I wouldn’t go as far as to call it a bargain but given what a undamaged Attitude is going for, plus the cost of a repaint, the seller isn’t being as greedy as some. There is definitely a margin in there though.

I recall a Mardi Gras for sale in the US a few months ago - repaint too - and the opening BIN was over USD 5k. Think it came down to avoid USD 3.5k before it disappeared.

Regardless, it is a lovely thing.

Braggard":2i79qqo0 said:
It claims to be a 93...

EDIT: above Mardi Gras is a 93 MC1 frameset. Following comment was intended for a different thread.

Claim of 1993 is not accurate, it's an MC2 frame which was first produced in 1994. So, that year or later. The frame number will tell the tale; 19T0594nnnn. 19 = size, T= Attitude, 0594 = mmyy, remainder is the manufacture sequence.

NOTE: 94 models were first produced in Oct 93, so perhaps the frame number reads 19T1093nnnn, which seller has interpreted as a 1993 model year.

Re:

Okay, perhaps it’s a 93 versus a 94.. Let’s be honest, Klein serial number formulation isn’t something that even most long time RBers can quickly call to mind.

I have an early ‘91 Attitude and my key area of focus was “is it cracked / repaired or is it original?” when buying. Had it have been a 93 or 94 in similar condition I would have been equally happy. Maybe I’m not as die-hard as many Klein collectors but for me I could forgive the error. I don’t think the market is really pricing MC1 vs MC2 in this instance, but really the prospect of an (I assume, undamaged) Attitude with a fresh coat of one of the most compelling colourways.

I mean.. if it was a ‘98 painted as an MC1 bike..

Back