Killer V frame build up.

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
2C234912-F8F9-4416-8F88-32431A1E7214.jpeg So, I’ve been hankering after one of these in my size for a fair while - ever since I saw a guy riding one in London I’ve been smitten. It had to be an early one with the ‘mud cutter’ rear dropouts and in raw aluminium.
Cheers @muppetman, he offered this one in the for sale section and I managed to buy it from him.
It arrived well packed and accurately described. Basically in good condition, needs a full polish, has one bottle cage nut loose in the frame and a ding in the left seat stay.

40AD0FBA-5DE8-4C14-83F1-3322ACA46569.jpeg ED4C357E-8492-4263-9F84-CC3777BB5801.jpeg 8A021E3E-0A33-482E-A22C-90330E508AF5.jpeg I managed to cut the loose bottle cage nut in half carefully with my dremel and then fish it out via a hole inside the head tube..
I took it to the welders today and had them fill the ding in the seat stay and then filed, sanded and polished it back.
Almost impossible to tell it had a ding now, result!
Heaps more polishing now, followed by fresh decals, lacquer and then build..
I have a full XT 730 group which I’m thinking of fitting, but not 100% decided.
Will post updates as I progress..

I found them very nice when introduced. One of the most interesting Canondales imo. The early suspension Cannondales are also interesting, but this Killer you can use every day.

Not a fan of the fork. I prefer the Pepperoni.

Not a fan of the fork. I prefer the Pepperoni.
Yeah, shame but it didn’t come with a set of pepperoni forks. My M800 has those and I have a SM500 with rigid (tange) forks. I’m keen to make this a hardtail and have a couple of other options but the bombers are the only ones I have which will allow canti’s..

Glad you got the cage nut out, it drove me mad rattling around! I had it built up with some Onza rigid segmented forks and it was a lovely ride. Nice work on the dent as well!

Back