Kestrel CSX build

And now for the fork: of course, with a carbon build, I'll need a carbon suspension fork. The early 90's saw a handful of tricked out carbon/Ti versions of suspension forks, and I was able to source a very cheap and good condition Specialized FSX carbon/Ti for this build. I got new decals for the legs, but with one small exception the decals are fine so I'll save the replacements for some future beautification of these after I ride them for a while! I disassembled the forks to replace the oil and replace seals, and I sourced a black anodized NOS Ultimate Machine crown to replace the relatively lackluster stock crown that came on these forks (everything else on these forks was pimped, but the stock crown was abhorrently uninteresting). Local machine shop helped me swap the aluminum steerer. Here's the fork:

IMG_20221228_160712_548.jpg

But note that the stanchions for these are shorter than the standard Rock Shox Mag 21s these are modeled after (and made by). So now what oil levels and air pressure should I use when reassembling? @wadsy or anyone else have the rebuild settings for these? Here's the FSX next to a standard disassembled Mag 21:

IMG_20221228_160848_085.jpg

I'd use the Flite Evo as well, hat's off for your efforts to refurb it, well done!

Great to see this build coming together 👍

Whoa, that is going to look so good together with the Ultimate Machine Crown.

What oil are you using? I found my mag 21 only holds air on one side so I ordered the replacement seals from SRP, figure I may as well freshen up the oil while I'm at it. It is the very last thing keeping me from building the purple bonty.

Whoa, that is going to look so good together with the Ultimate Machine Crown.

What oil are you using? I found my mag 21 only holds air on one side so I ordered the replacement seals from SRP, figure I may as well freshen up the oil while I'm at it. It is the very last thing keeping me from building the purple bonty.
Thanks @br0qn

I think I have some Finish Line shock oil, can't remember the weight. I'll list it when I update the build thread and assemble the fork.

Back