Just picked up this Claud Butler Majestic

You may (Or not) be surprised at how sweet it is to ride. Brakes won't be up to modern standards, doesn't take long to adjust. I'd happily ride that. As you say good fun to do and something rather nice, unique and useable.
@Guinessisgoodforyou - you are so right, a leisurely 10 mile ride this morning was a absolute pleasure, even with real feel temperature of -4 degrees C!
IMG_3236.jpeg
This era and quality of frame/components are a true sweet spot. It’s not particularly racy to ride but it just soaks up the miles even on icy potholed tarmac,
I had no previous experience of this model CB but before purchase a quick google confirmed that it should be something I’d enjoy working on and riding, heck it’s even one of those bikes which is a pleasure to look at!
Lovely thing, and a sure fire keeper for the collection! :)

@Guinessisgoodforyou - you are so right, a leisurely 10 mile ride this morning was a absolute pleasure, even with real feel temperature of -4 degrees C!
View attachment 811861
This era and quality of frame/components are a true sweet spot. It’s not particularly racy to ride but it just soaks up the miles even on icy potholed tarmac,
I had no previous experience of this model CB but before purchase a quick google confirmed that it should be something I’d enjoy working on and riding, heck it’s even one of those bikes which is a pleasure to look at!
Lovely thing, and a sure fire keeper for the collection! :)
Great stuff :p You need another project now....

Back