Just a checkup/ check-in

jackosbournesnr

Senior Retro Guru
Having got a new job last year, I've not been on the forum much for a while, but it looks particularly quiet at the moment.

Hopefully all is well with you and yours and there will be some epic rideouts in the planning for when its not forbidden!

Lets hear how everyone is doing.

Ken

Re:

Hello everyone. I've not been around much on the forum and my enthusiasm for retro stuff had waned for some time.

It's been a busy few years and at least one extraordinary one last year with my bike business.

I've done plenty of riding during this time, although my drug of choice is mostly long distance Audax riding nowadays.
Along with my annual mileage, the fleet has also expanded as witnessed in my forum signature.

I have recently had a new surge of enthusiasm for progressing a few long stalled retro builds which has been a reflective and sometimes dusty trawl through the darkest recesses of my workshop.

I hope that maybe one day soon we'll get to meet up with old friends and new ones in the real world once again and enjoy the simple pleasures of looking at old bikes and taking the piss out of one other.
Just like back in 2010...

Re:

Jack Osbourne, thanks for posting something and reaching out.

Paul, you need throw your leg over some old shitey bike again.
Broadwell edge is forgettable though, the radio mast climb was a challenge worth repeating.
Similar, a whole day dedicated to a bike ride is beyond my means now. Just too consuming. I stay this side of the pennines, basically door to door rides.

I can't and wont go to the dark art of up to date bikes, so I stand alone :LOL:

Peace and fist bumbs.

Still here (but quieter)... Pruning of 'classic' bikes continues, as I'd rather those with ongoing enthusiasm enjoy them now mine has waned. My bike building, such as it was, is contained to odd 'retromodifieds' that I can actually ride locally - so mostly road-based things with the capability to 'gravel'. Also much preferring longer rides down obscure lanes these days, albeit infrequently. Would definitely be up for a Peaks Ride re-union though...

Attachments

• One man's treasure.jpg
    One man's treasure.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 856
  • I was pushed.jpg
    I was pushed.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 856
  • The Wayfarer.jpg
    The Wayfarer.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 856
Re:

The precious!

Good to hear from you Neil and Marc.
Who else fancies putting the band back together?

I last went on a ride in the South many years ago but I live on the Cheshire Shropshire border now if any rides are being organised I would be up for joining please.

I'm, er, avoiding Bournemouth, yes avoiding Bournemouth.

Sounds so much better than writing 'losing it and eating crayons'

*still love this build

file.php

Re:

I'm still here!

There's always a retrobike build on the back burner with me .....instead of taking 6 months they take 6 years per build now :LOL:

Would be great to tap elbows and get together when we're allowed!

Back