Wanted Jack Taylor - 54-55cm frameset .

I have a brazed-up Taylor frame that might suit you. Cost £320 delivered from Hilary Stone, so I want £250. Not a stock frame, this is a one-off with round forks and a twin-plate crown. Decent blue paintwork, not original.some evidence of pitting on the forks but seems sound overall. I have too many bikes and will never get round to building it up.Brake callipers and some other bits included.David (Morpeth, Northumberland)

Caliban":16r6avue said:
I have a brazed-up Taylor frame that might suit you. Cost £320 delivered from Hilary Stone, so I want £250. Not a stock frame, this is a one-off with round forks and a twin-plate crown. Decent blue paintwork, not original.some evidence of pitting on the forks but seems sound overall. I have too many bikes and will never get round to building it up.Brake callipers and some other bits included.David (Morpeth, Northumberland)

Pm sent

Re:

"this is a one-off with round forks and a twin-plate crown"

Oh interesting any chance we could see some pics. ?

The round forks and twin plate crown where used on frames built during the War and just after, presumably due to a lack of frame building supplies,sounds like an interesting bike,do you know the frame number ?
Mine (circa 1942 )has them as does this 1947 frame for sale here, and a couple more I have seen on VCC rides.

https://www.classicandvintagecycles.com ... cm-amazing

£250 is a good price I hope you manage to get it.
Good luck.

Back