I've just finished my Explosif project!

urbanfireblade

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well my '94 Explosif is finally up and running, it's great to look at it, and know just how much time and effort went into getting it as good as it is.
Now all i need is a sunny day to take it out and get some pics.
I've added a handful of pics to my gallery that i took during the project so feel free to clicky the gallery link in my signature to have a look at them.

Cracking job :cool: , how did you do the paint, gun or rattle can ?

The bar ends on the risers is a fashion faux-pas on here but as long as you are comfortable with it.

Hehe, well i'm nowhere near 11 bikes, but maybe 6, plus maybe 2 frames. and quite a few spares, lol.

And yes, risers and bar ends=F.A.I.L. Well, not quite that bad, but i find myself riding alot with my hands resting on the ends of the bars, more for comfort than anything, so hence the bar ends.
Paintwise, is two-pack b/coat, a local custom paint sprayer did the finishing coat, he's done a pretty decent job too, cash in hand jobby :LOL:

jimihendrix":17f19wun said:
The bar ends on the risers is a fashion faux-pas on here but as long as you are comfortable with it.

An old Klein I bought recently came with the wide risers and bar ends combo. One of the first things I thought when I saw it was "those bars have to go" and it does look a bit odd, however I've found it quite nice to ride and I'm now undecided. To compound the horror the bars are very wide, actually wider than my shoulders and I've always ridden with narrow flat bars.

Not a clue what to do now, make the bike look more "normal" or just bite the bullet and stick with the strangely comfortable set up.

Nice work on the explosif...do you have any pics of your 90 cindercone as I am just thinking or restoring/rebuilding my 91 black cindercone.

Cheers..

Im digging deep searching for some pics of my cindercone, but its not standard stuff on it anymore, over the years i've replaced alot of bits for newer stuff, tho to its credit, i'm still running the original bottom bracket! Crazy! Still in A1 condition too.
I'll PM you if i find a few photos, may have to email them to you as my 2MB limit is reached with photos in my gallery on here.

Back