It's only a Cindercone but...

Re:

"it's only a Cindercone" :roll: it's above all a Kona :xmas-cool:

love mine (1997)
Amour34.gif
yours really nice too

Re: Re:

al-onestare":dkqxl2tr said:
Great colour on this one: a fools gold tone and finish. I loved mine until it was stolen in 1997.

Yeah, I thought it was Gold too, but it's actually called 'Gange Green,' whatever THAT is! :shock:

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this. Recently got my hands on a Kona in white, sanded the shite powder coat off and it’s a gold cindercone 17 or 19 inch ........og paint can’t be saved, so will be a rebuild or move on .......

Great bike u have,
always liked the colours they did in 96

Mine has changed abit from new
Still rattles along :D

Attachments

• 3399E69E-AA0D-42BE-9812-91041518FD67.jpeg
    3399E69E-AA0D-42BE-9812-91041518FD67.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 80120B1E-E3D3-4361-88AE-CCC3ECD3521B.jpeg
    80120B1E-E3D3-4361-88AE-CCC3ECD3521B.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 51
Bawgixer:29epqtgs said:
Great bike u have,
always liked the colours they did in 96

Mine has changed abit from new
Still rattles along :D

Nice...

...I've never been able to justify to cost of a Pace fork, I just fit fatter tyres! 🤪

Last edited:
Well, considering I wasn't going to spend any money on this, just ride it, I'm now into a new pair of amber wall slicks, three seat posts, two saddles, two Jagwire cable kits, a NOS Brahma bar, a stem adaptor, and from the spares boxes; a silver Ahead stem, a Brahma Bar, a pair of XT thumbies, an XT front mech. and a pair of alloy flats. I'm just waiting on the extra long silicone grips and I can get it completed and on the road...:oops:

:D...I already couldn't resist the temptation, some of them are already fitted! Original saddle all the way from Italy is currently perched on a USE post, soon to be replaced with the Kona post I thought was a Thomson. Silver Brahma bar now has XT thumbies with original Curve levers, but I'm waiting for the grips before I cut the cables to length. got a replacement SRAM 890 chain on the way too...

Back