It's only a Cindercone but...

We_are_Stevo

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
IMG_20210317_002656(1).jpg

Can someone tell me what year this is, before I start rummaging through boxes of parts?

Re:

IMG_20210319_072932.jpg

As the title says, I know this is 'only' a modest Cindercone but I've always liked them, and this model in particular, even if I did have to ask what year it is! Now, though, I'm more excited about a bike than I have been in ages!

I bought it not intending to spend any money on it but I already have, and now the catalogue pictures have given me more ideas! :shock: :oops: :LOL:

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":36iayh00 said:
1996 by the looks of things.

Good to see you back on here by the way :)

Cheers, and thanks for the ID, I hadn't got that far with the catalogues... :roll:

Re:

IMG_20210319_074947(1).jpg

Looking at the spec. it seems I was right in thinking this is pretty much all original. It had a Racelight seat post already but I had another with a decent logo, so that's gine on, along with a Kona branded saddle. However, the seat post in the catalogue picture looks like a Thomson to me, and I just happen to have one in a box... :D

Re:

IMG_20210319_102151.jpg

Hah! What are the chances of that! Purely on the offchance, I searched on ebay for a 'Selle Italia Expedia' and turned up this, which is now due by mid-April... :cool:

"only a Cinder Cone" ? :) great frames, looking forward to seeing more of this.

The seatpost is the twin bolt Kona post, similar looking to a Thomson (from a distance) as you say :) One of mine is currently residing on my Colnago P1013065.JPG

Last edited:
Back