Issues with Spa Cycles - advice?

It seems ambrosio are no longer selling the rims I bought because of tyre fitting problems.They have brought out another version of the same rim.Fine but what about all of us that bought the old type ?Dont expect any cries of compensation any time soon.Am now using them by over inflating the tyres by 30% on fitting and then dropping the pressure once they are on. They go on with a bang a bit like a car tyre.Now carry a can of stans. Punctures are not likely as they have a puncture belt and the tread is very thick to carry the studs.

It seems ambrosio are no longer selling the rims I bought because of tyre fitting problems.They have brought out another version of the same rim.Fine but what about all of us that bought the old type ?Dont expect any cries of compensation any time soon.Am now using them by over inflating the tyres by 30% on fitting and then dropping the pressure once they are on. They go on with a bang a bit like a car tyre.Now carry a can of stans. Punctures are not likely as they have a puncture belt and the tread is very thick to carry the studs.
Have the same rims, right pain to get tyres on...
Definitely a local ride pair of wheels.

Cheers James

Mine (bolts on spa xd2 crankset) were certainly very tight (but not impossible) to get undone when I purchased them 7 years ago, so maybe not a recent thing? I suspect if I'd not undone them when the assembly was new, that they would never have come undone! All threads were greased (as I consider they always should be) and have been good since. i.e. the initial dismantling didn't result in, or reveal stripped threads)

Back