Is the price of parts putting you off?

My retro air sales have been going really well, got jars of 1990's air all over the place. Then theres the sales of those little mould bits on the edges of tyres, sold loads last year.

I've also got retro tyre thorns, stick-on knee scabs, elbow grazes - gettem while they're hot!

Absolutely over priced*. That doesn't mean a quality known condition set will not sell for that. So they are worth more then a picture and someone not taking them apart.
They are a wanted fork, and people building JMC replicates seem happy to pay money. Which these forks are often bought for.

*they were over priced when new!
And they are still less than the new price, relatively speaking.

Good luck, lovely looking condition.
(I would suggest they may actually sell at that price or a little less)
I’m happy to take offers from this community obviously.

My retro air sales have been going really well, got jars of 1990's air all over the place. Then theres the sales of those little mould bits on the edges of tyres, sold loads last year.

I've also got retro tyre thorns, stick-on knee scabs, elbow grazes - gettem while they're hot!
I'm now doing 3d printed repro of tyre nibs, for those who have aged, dried out tyres, but still want that annoying tick that you can't identify on a bike with to wide of a tyre and not enough frame.

I've also got a load of 90's squeeks for sale, you install them on the component you want, be it DX jockey wheels, seat rails, fork seals, bottle cages, etc. they are great for sticking on a mates bike and far harder to find once done, unlike tiewraps in the spokes (or spokey dokeys).

And the latest pisstake is 225+8.50 euros shipping, for a crappy old onza porc. German ebay site.

If it was a pair, and brand new than thats maybe, maybe justifiable, but 2nd hand and not in the best of condition is beyond a joke.
Especially given the soft, fall to bits nature of the porcupine.
Where have you been the last few years?
A decent (not mint) pair of these consistently fetches a ‘monkey’ all day long so it’s actually a fair price considering.
Don’t get me wrong, like you I think it’s a f*cking ridiculous amount for a second hand tyre but I’m afraid it’s the going rate.

Something to consider; I'm currently listing a bunch of late 80's/early 90's Campagnolo Euclid/Olympic stuff on eBay at the moment, all of which seems to have dropped by 10% or 15% over the last 2 years (going by what I paid compared to current buy it now prices)

Shame is doesn't work as well as Shimano and is as ugly as a Baboons arse!

I think I paid close to $400 for my FSXs, which blew my tiny mind at the time.

Wait, I just checked.

$375.

Those were freshly serviced, too. Although I dare say not as well as yours. But without the correct brace.

What I'm saying is, I guess I got myself a bargain!

But yours don't even seem overpriced for the current climate. Which is actually a bit frightening.

I'm about to spend an insane amount on a rigid fork myself, so what's five hundred quid for the pinnacle of modern technology?

In 1994, I mean.

But yeah, as mentioned, the next JMC fan boy will be along shortly to snap them up from you, I'm sure!

Well he’d better be quick as they’re now on eBay. Our Jimmy needs a new road group!
And these are a step up from the originals having had their old elastomers gutted out and upgraded with the 3” kit

Last edited:
Wait, I´m going to do the first NFT sale of the MTB world, and as it is the firts time it will be cool and you have to pay more. Ringle, Kooka, Merlin, Brooks crank sets, Pro shift, Keins pre trek .... all that kind of stuff you dream And all it will look shiny, new. I can even sell you any bicycle and you will recieve a Non-fungible token for a no reasonable price with more than 000 euros

This that looks like a joke, or a scam, is happening right now. People like to waste money, they are tired and don´t know what to do?

The problem is that we are paying high prices and if I have to sell, I have to sell with a bit higher price. I´m stuck with the brakes for my new built, and the only solution are virtual brakes, they cost similar than real ones but looks shiny and brakes as awfull as the real ones :LOL:

Last edited:
Back