IRC Mythos XC tyres...... what's the verdict? Peoples opinions and recommendations?

abr303

Retro Guru
Never ridden them in anger, what are peeps experience/opinion on them? Won't be using them for anything super knarly mainly flowy single track, fire road, grassy hilly stuff etc.... cheers

Raced them for a season, they weren’t too bad. Personally, I feel they were a bit of a turning point, that’s when tyre tech started to shift and lead the way for what we have today.

They’ll be fine for your needs.

Raced them for a season, they weren’t too bad. Personally, I feel they were a bit of a turning point, that’s when tyre tech started to shift and lead the way for what we have today.

They’ll be fine for your needs.
Thanks, appreciate the heads up 👍

I had a pair on one of my retro bikes back when I used to ride them more often. Decent tyres tbh and perfect for what you suggest.

They came up at bargain prices a few years or 10 back and many of us bought them.
Most used a front tyre on the back too and they work perfectly well for everyday retro riding, tracks, moors, peaks and simple trail centres like Dalby and Sherwood Pines.

I'm talking about this style Mythos xc
(random link, paid a lot less for them that that!)

They came up at bargain prices a few years or 10 back and many of us bought them.
Most used a front tyre on the back too and they work perfectly well for everyday retro riding, tracks, moors, peaks and simple trail centres like Dalby and Sherwood Pines.

Great, I’ll look into them then and thanks for the reply 👍

Yeah, I got mine at the same time as Fluffy. Front and back, no worries.

I remember them as lightweight but rather "vulnerable". Ripped more than one of them on sharp rocked descents.

Back