iPhone question?

the keypad lock button on my iphone is stuck in, does anyone know how to fix? or has anyone else had this problem, its a year old iphone 4

woods_alexis":35yeyphn said:
the keypad lock button on my iphone is stuck in, does anyone know how to fix? or has anyone else had this problem, its a year old iphone 4

Sounds like you might have got some dirt in it which has jammed it. You could try removing the back cover to get at it but you need a specific tool to do it. It's simple enough to do though as the back cover is only held in place by two small screws at the bottom (either side of the cable port).

If you can't get at it this way, then you might need to take it to the Apple store, unless you're feeling brave and want to remove the front piece as well :?

woods_alexis":3466vy6d said:

This happened to mine, reasonably common problem if you google it. Luckily I was within my warranty and Apple replaced the handset.

If you have a Apple store near you, book a Genius Bar appointment and see what they say.

In my eyes its just that the iphone is still behind in some functions.
They only really have a place in the market (and fans) due to the app store which was ahead of its time. Unique selling point (which isnt so unique anymore, and now theyre lacking is showing slightly).

Back