ID 1980s Raleigh

Hm, nice one Pigman, much obliged. Does look similar to 531C Luxe. There is some evidence of oyster colour on the forks.

BTW, just put it on scales forks = 779g and frame (with headset cups) = 1846g, size is 64.5cm.

Anyone interested?

High Foreigner,
I have copied/forwarded this frame's details and this link to Neil of 'My TI-Raleigh SB4059' to see if he can shed extra light on it.
It has the trademark rear stay top plates of an SBDU made frame, but they may have been incorporated into Lightweight division design by then - hence the Nottingham 'Worksop' frame number.
By the way, that translates as W - Nottingham Lightweight Division, B - February, 9 - 1989, 001689 - sequence frame number. All gleaned from Neil's excellent site.
So in answer to your OP - yes, definitely worth the bother, but at 65cm way too large for me!
Regards,
Robin.

Hi Robin,

Many many thanks for your answer! Glad to hear this frame has some potential, it is huge though and will need some TLC to get it into the shape it deserves. I'll start on the forks first to see how much elbow grease they need - I think I have one of those rust removal gels somewhere if they do work, otherwise sand paper and wire wool - or see if anyone out there fancies the work instead of me. As it is Xmas may even offer it FOC ;)

Many thanks again

B

Back