I want the answer and i want it NOW.........

Big drill so as to get hacksaw blade through the shell, then reconnect to saw frame. Saw cup into segments and chisel each piece out. Usually destroys threads which is why threadless b/bs were invented!
I think hate the person who invented stuck seatposts MORE.

Machine shop...put one square taper in machine vice. Put 40mm bit in...drill from the other side using taper thread hole as centering point.

By the time you get to the cup it normally starts to turn either from the coolant soaking it or the grab of the bit on it!

Plus it hard not to laugh in a manic nature as your nemesis turns into long tangles of swarf!

Industrial quantities of plus gas, marvellous stuff. And a huge torque bar. I nearly took my head off getting a BB out of a sex one when it finally decided to move.

Oh, and swearing. Lots and lots of swearing.

Have you managed to ID the BB by any chance? Does it appear to be the original?

If you can get your BB tool on the end of an impact wrench...there's little to beat it.

I had a stuck BB for over six months. Sawed at it, chiseled it, heated it, chilled it, vice etc. It was a mess and nothing was moving it. Stuck the bottom bracket tool on the end of an impact wrench and it was out in under a minute. Do at own risk etc - as I don't think BB tools are designed for it...

I have seen people weld steel bars to BB cups too so that might be an option...

If you have a plastic NDS cup then you can hammer the whole sealed BB unit through the plastic cup and out. Then hacksaw and peel the metal cup out.

Back