I got the stem..and more....and whats left....P7 content.

stewlewis

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
....misses out on that 10 quid Orange SK8 stem on eBay and then searching for another and then seeing a bike and then aghhh damn it the rest is history.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORANGE-P7-19- ... 7675.l2557

Its rough, but it has the stem I wanted.
No canti bridge, any idea what year that was dropped.

Not collected yet so not checked any serial no.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: I only wanted a stem.........I can't be the only one who...

I wanted the stem for what is now my other P7.

IMAG0406.jpg

Don't know what state this one is in yet or what to do with it...

700s, could I get drops on......hmmm

DSC00901%20%28Medium%29.JPG

I bought my Avalanche because it had the GT All Terra badged Viscount seat and black SG chain rings I wanted for my Xizang. Can't be too upset with having a mint Avalanche with (now) silver SG rings and a plain old GT badged Viscount seat as well, so it's all good in the end. Bought my Tech for the 130mm Cattleprod w. noodle and Turbo it had on it. Most of the other parts were a mix 'n match of newer mid level stuff. Stripped and sits now. Bought my Gardin for the straight blade chrome fork, but it was -ll- much too short for my Mantis. It's a neat bike. Hand made in Toronto. I'm warming up to it. Brodie Rocket for the new Brooks on it. Price for the bike wasn't much more than the seat was retail, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about the saddles, and the ex needed her stolen bike replaced, so I put a Terry on it and gave it to her. Cinder Cone for the Cattleprod and Manitou I on it. An 80s Miele for the Syncros Hardcore bars on it (gave to the ex w. Titec bars- got stolen). There's more. A few barely ridden bikes that weren't my size for the mint Shmoo groupos on them.

That sounds familiar.
There's the one step I come unstuck at:

1 missed the stem for a tenner.
2 hmm another for 20, keep searching.
3 hmm hmmmm a full bike, with the correct bars too, wheels might be good, make an offer and,
4 strip it down, clean, sell the rest to make the money back.

4 WTF ever happens to 4!?!

5 ahh I have some bits in the garage.
6 built another bike, doh.
7 face the music........ode to the other half......

Re: I only wanted a stem.........Orange P7 June 96

I collected the bike, thought you might like pics, pre-clean and service etc.
It looks to be all original, if a little neglected. No dents and hardly any wear on the components. Foam grips and reflectors all there, not off roaded much I guess.

Don;t know what the plans are yet, was tempted to put 700c wheels on and long drop brake just for fun, but the rear isn't drilled for a brake in the way my other March 96 frame is. Mavic brake adapters.......hmmmm......

Decals differ from March to June, drilled rear as mentioned, nowt much else changed.

Frame: 19.5" Orange P7

Fork: Orange F7

Headset: Shimano STX
Stem: Orange SK8
Handlebar: Orange Hot Rod
Grips: Foam
Barends: Orange X

Brakes: Tektro
Brake Pads:
Brake Cables: Shimano/Tektro Adjustable Noodles
Cantilever cable hangers: N/A
Brake Levers: Tektro

Shifters: Shimano Alivio
Front Derailleur: Shimano Alivio
Rear Derailleur: Shimano STXRC
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: 'Owd
Chain: RIP
Cranks: Shimano Alivio MC16
Crank Bolts: ?
Chainrings: Shimano Alivio
Chainring bolts: ?
Bottom Bracket: ?
Pedals: ?

Hub Skewers: Shimano Alivio?
Rims: Mavic 221
Hubs: Shimano MC12 Parallax
Nipples: ?
Spokes: ?
Tyres: Ritchey HardDrive/Ritchey MegaBite
Tubes: ?

Saddle: Orange Enduro
Seatpost: Orange
Seatpost Binder: Orange

Weight: 12.1kg

Some dodgy phone pics.

Full bike
IMAG0553%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Bar ends
IMAG0547%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Bars
IMAG0546%20%28Medium%29.jpg

The Stem (i wanted)
IMAG0545%20%28Medium%29.jpg

A broken Crud Catcher
IMAG0544%20%28Medium%29.jpg

F7 forks (the worst of the rust)
IMAG0542%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Seatpost
IMAG0061%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Tektro brakes with adjustable noodle?!
IMAG0527%20%28Medium%29.jpg

The March '96 P7 has inherited the original Orange components.

As pictured 12.5kg, the new/old June 96 I picked up came in at 12.1kg with those original components on it. Lighter, with Alivio! Then again the tyres were flat so less air in 'em it would be lighter.

1996_March_Orange_P7%28medium%29.jpg

The June '96 P7 jad inherited some parts bin Butterfly/Trekking bars. DX cranks a R mech. XT Thumbies and 700c wheels with a dynamo hub. Why?!? god knows parts just cry out to be boleted onto something.....

1996_June_Orange_P7%28medium%29.jpg

Need some mavic brake converters for the DX V Brakes, or I can use my DX brifters but they dont fit the trekking bars, and I have to drill the frame rear to fit long drop dual pivot caliper brakes to reach the 700 rims.

Back