I’ve not seen one …

I was about to post that. I have it from those that really know that none were ever produced, not even for show. Any that were labelled as such were Sex One, Two or Three rebadged. But I'm sure that's just part of the story...

Could well be. The ones i heard of were owned by either shop staff or Kona employees.

Wracking my brain, I’m sure I can recall reading (way) bitd that Keith Bontrager was working on an Aermet frame. Never seen it.

What about that prototype Yeti ARC LT with carbon (or carbon wrapped) tubes a la C-26? Can vaguely recall a trade show pic (for some reason I think it had Penske forks)

The American Beryllium?

A full sus Merlin with multiple girvin elastomers suspending multiple frame tubes (like an elevator on steriod). Vaguely recall magazine pics way back in history.. Apols for my ropey description - it makes (some) sense in my head!
that beryllium bike! had completely forgotten about that, was madness

1987 Claud Butler Matterhorn

If anyone finds one for me to buy I’d happily sell a kidney

The fabled Ti Slingshot. I heard a few were produced, but not sure if that’s correct
few made half titanium slingshot by titus
titus_halftislingshot.jpg

only one full titanium slingshot made by one-off
one_off_slingshot_ti_20190914_001.jpg

Wracking my brain, I’m sure I can recall reading (way) bitd that Keith Bontrager was working on an Aermet frame. Never seen it.
Not sure, but Keith was in later days of running his own business pretty creative with new stuff (or maybe a bit a last spout to get back to glory days?).
That's what i had in mind, shown in 96, a metal mix bike, but not the tubing itself, but rather a combination of an alu main frame, steel chain stays and carbon seat stays...
Bontrager Alu Stahl Carbon Vorstellung aus MountainBIKE 1997.jpg

one more, also a Aluminum Full-Suspension, it should have been launched 97, but he went out of business before.
Bontrager Alu-Fully Vorstellung Eurobike aus Bike 1996_10.jpg

Back