I’ve not seen one …

just some more catalog pictures showing the Univega Shockblok
Univega shockbloc aus catalog 93.jpg
Univega shockbloc aus catalog 92.jpg

I have never seen one in real, but also not a single test of one in a bike magazine etc.

Sure, the Univega marketing team said in this Ad "it's all true" so it must have been there ;)
Univega shockblok Ad 1992.jpg

I remember seeing a two wheel drive mtb in the 90s in some american mag. If memory serves, it had some kind of cable running to the front wheel to provide the drive. I don't expect to ever see one in real life.

I remember seeing a two wheel drive mtb in the 90s in some american mag. If memory serves, it had some kind of cable running to the front wheel to provide the drive. I don't expect to ever see one in real life.
actually those 2WD bikes had been indeed sold.

The most popular was the one also sold under the Subaru brand.
subaru 2wd-dual-power-2798425.jpg
This is using belts.
There is currently an offer at the marketplace in Germany:

There is another variant with a flexible drive shaft, called DWA 2WD

That means, yes, those bikes had been build and commercially available. Just the concept or idea behind it wasn't convincing, i would expect that a lot of energy is killed senselessly for driving a the second wheel too.

22.5 pounds for what looked like it should be much lighter MTB. Cleaning the carbon trusses and scraping your knees on them must have helped spell doom for a $4200 bike.

Bikes that you know must exist, but have never seen in real life or even on here

I’ll go first

1988 Fisher Procalibre

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for Ant.. it's a Supercalibre rather than a Procalibre

1664310206135.png

Listed on Yahoo Auctions for £378 with no bids and early finish.. looks to be in good nick!

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for Ant.. it's a Supercalibre rather than a Procalibre

View attachment 666509

Listed on Yahoo Auctions for £378 with no bids and early finish.. looks to be in good nick!
Very Nice ! Has to be a pro though 😎

Back