I’ve given a home to a knackered old Dog on its last legs-

:cool: Coming together really well Spud....

What you want to finish it off is one of the Concept dayglo pink(or yellow) corner bags, with the padded strap for carrying it :cool:

Re: Re:

Preston-m3":954oysa4 said:
really enjoyed following this build, where is it up to? finished pics?
cheers

Thanks

It’s been a bit of journey / Learning curve to say the least

And yeah I’ve been slacking on the update front - must get and take a few pics and finish the thread off

yakboy":brhxi7cy said:
Oh my eyes :shock: Pass the sunglasses :D

the HS22's are cool but these are even better'er ..and a bit earlier and a little less refined

Neon Magura Hydro-Stops :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4383.JPG
    IMG_4383.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_4382.JPG
    IMG_4382.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 351

yakboy":1k76k4be said:
Ooooo I've never seen those before...very nice :cool:

I was hoping to find the even earlier ones with the bars that grip the bars but they are really hard to come by and the even earlier ones look like they have motorcycle levers but toooo funky for me

I'll post a pic of the brake boosters they are different as well as to are the actual brakes - alot flatter than the HS 11/22/33's

Re:

Sometimes I find myself looking at a build and really not feeling the love for the end result, so after a lot of pondering and messing around followed by ebay searches and searches for inspiration I thought I'd have another go at this one

Apart from the period lard ass saddle that really doesn't do it for me - I'm a flite guy! - the next thing I've never liked is stems with more anymore than a few degree of rise (5 degrees max) so top of the list was a new flat stem.

after a bit of a search this came up on the Bay and in great shape, a Zero rise ATAC

However Silver just isn't going to cut it on a Neon Yellow bike, so after reading a few threads about stripping Anodising and a few pointers from Yakboy off I went to the local Hardware store to get some Caustic Soda (I was going with drain cleaner but the queue at Tesco during lock down was silly) so I bought this (Caustic Soda in granule form) and was able to mix it as strong I dare.

after reading the instruction and realising I had no PPE I settled upon a broom handle to give me a bit of distance ..... warm water - Caustic soda and aluminium, wasn't quite prepared for the chemical reaction being a violent as it was as I stood over it holding a brush handle ...the smell was something else :shock: It was like putting an entire packet of Alka-Seltzer in a glass all at once

after dipping for a few seconds it was into cold water to assess and so on until it was all Matt, the fizzing was something else - if only chemistry at school had been this cool, I might have taken it more seriously

The milky white Soda ended up black like Coca Cola..... I guess thats part of an ATAC in there :?

After leaving it over night followed by a good sanding, Etch Primer and then White Primer and Base coat we ended up here - the old broom handle came in useful once more !

And a week later Voila something for the weekend

..... this is why

Attachments

• 1. Almost NOS.JPG
    1. Almost NOS.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 286
  • 2. Caustic Soda.JPG
    2. Caustic Soda.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 283
  • 3 Having a warm Bath.JPG
    3 Having a warm Bath.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 283