How many Vitamin T’s are out there still riding.

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I don't think I could stretch to another one if this one breaks again. :cry: Actually thinking of not riding it again until I drop to 90kg.

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Aye hopefully. They asked me to take a sacrificial BB down as they think it would be better for the threads to reweld it with the BB in place. Hoping to have it back this week.

hamster

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Re: Re:

geetee61":3ea016tt said:
Never part with this one. Always wanted one BITD but could never afford it. Ended up with a nickel silver p7 which was a great 2nd choice ! Drove from Liverpool to Stif cycles in Leeds early one Saturday morning in 1995, they built me a p7 there and then in front of my eyes ! One of the coolest things I have ever seen. Best £830 I’ve ever spent.

Quite - the geometry is identical, it's an interesting lesson on the effect of material and butting choice. I've never ridden a Vit T, would love to compare with my P7.

geetee61

Senior Retro Guru
Re:

I’ve owned 3 P7s altogether and it is the best steel frame IMO. Definitely on a par with the Explosif for performance although they are two completely different animals. The Vit T is a more responsive ride and flys uphill and as soon as you put pressure on the pedals I find the pick up is amazing. Obviously that’s just my opinion and I am seriously biased towards the T ! Must be more T’s out there, expected a better response.