how do you say bye to an old bike???

old school cool

Dirt Disciple
I've got a 98 fsr which I love to pieces. But sadly the time has come and she has to go.

I thought i'd strip it and sell it on ebay, but after removing the seat tube I had to pack it in as I was too gutted. I don't know how i'd feel about trying to sell it either.

It does have to go as I can't fit my new bike in the garage.

How do you all get on?

Replace it with something better! Usually cures my goodbye woes :)

Can't say there's many bikes I miss though. The 2002 Enduro I had is missed though.

Piperdave":u5fs4tzq said:
I would love to look after it for you, and would give it love every day, until you find space ;)

D

haha love it, If it does have to find a new home i'm hoping someone does give it love and not strip it down to mke a few quid for the trick bits on ebay.

I likes to treat my bikes like I treats my women. If I can no longer have them, no one else should, so I cut them up into pieces and bury them in the garden.

Supratada":2aah0iof said:
I likes to treat my bikes like I treats my women. If I can no longer have them, no one else should, so I cut them up into pieces and bury them in the garden.
:shock:
anyone other than the wanabe fred west have any ideas? lol

strip all the parts and sell on, keep the frame until you can bare parting with it, then sell the frame on here. that way you know it will be built up again and loved once more.

I second Lumos2000. Selling it to a fellow retrobike enthusiast can lighten the pain ... a lot.

What size is it? Any pics?

This is where the act of horading comes in.

You will have space, if you love it that much you will find space!

Have you considered bungee cording it to your ceiling?

Latest posts

Back