How come I end up being the bad guy...

If you went across calmly and pointed out the parking and they told you to xxxx off, they upped the ante not you. Go over say you didn't mean for it to turn out the way it did, never say the word sorry and get on with enjoying the Sunday, go in the garage and make some noise show them you're not phased.

It does beg the question, why bring it up in the first place? Hindsight and all that, but we're experienced enough (nee old enough) to know how events can play out. A bit of a pause and think helps tremendously, and can save a bunch of wasted, often negative, energy.
Our street has its fair share of wobbly elderly and it's not the first time either

99% of the time, I do nothing, tut, mutter and move on. So yes, on this occasion, I just had to poke the tiger, didn't I. There's no escaping that it was a terrible idea but what happened later does not justify anything when someone is shouting and swearing whilst trying to force their way into your house and home

I just don't get how I'm now the terrible human being for calling them out on their shite parking

I've no idea what you said to them, but it's possible to be righteous and yet perhaps not quite found the right form of words that conveys your meaning in a way that persuades the other party.

Saying sorry is much easier when you've done nothing wrong, and is a good muscle to practice for a happy spouse and house. Go beg forgiveness, and out nice them. Don't fake the apology eg I'm sorry you got upset about...(no-one is fooled by those). Meanwhile, you use your tongue to write swear words on the top of the roof of your mouth while doing so. All good tips I have learned from people working in customer facing roles.

Some battles are worth fighting, others are not.

Latest posts

Back