Wanted HOPE parts

I can probably help you out with some of these but can you list what the part is beside the number. Trying to work it out with my head bent over trying to read the part number in relation to the part is giving me a pain in my neck.

Then going back and forward,back and forward to see what each number represents is also a pain, but not in my neck ;)

Note- I think you'll struggle to find pistons though. Old pistons are pretty rare, think ive one C2 one and 4 or so trials, but DH4 or any other that size :confused: I don't think ive ever seen those for sale in decades.
Hi Dyna,

Did you have any luck on these bits by chance?

Hi everyone,

Just an update. Sourced some parts and have some NOS bits coming from abroad.

Now, I’ve managed to pull some of the pistons but a few are stuck.

I’ll be keeping the pistons as they appear to be ok unless you’d recommend changing them, being 20 odd years old?

Now the seals, can’t seem to find any anywhere, would anyone here be able to put me in the right direction or know someone who may be able to supply these?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2655.jpeg
    IMG_2655.jpeg
    627.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2656.jpeg
    IMG_2656.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
You're making progress then! The pistons can be difficult to get out, I used compressed air for mine but be careful to cover the caliper with a cloth as they do fly out. I have sourced a supplier of square section O-Rings but have to buy them in larger quantities than I need and I can't say 100% if they will be suitable as the originals may be tapered. Good luck!

T
You're making progress then! The pistons can be difficult to get out, I used compressed air for mine but be careful to cover the caliper with a cloth as they do fly out. I have sourced a supplier of square section O-Rings but have to buy them in larger quantities than I need and I can't say 100% if they will be suitable as the originals may be tapered. Good luck!
Thank you. Yes just rebuilt it and placed zip ties around the lose pistons. Will need a bit of force to get the others out. Will use the compressor line as you mention.
Originals don’t appear to be tapered just a squared edge 25mm external diameter seal

That's sounding good then. I recently serviced a set of Hope C2s, now they are a pain to remove pistons as they are screwed in. You shouldn't have an issues with these 04s, if the pistons move with the compressed air but only slightly, switch compressor off, spray WD40 and push them back in again. Then switch compressor back on. It can sometimes just be a case of going back and fore freeing them up but they will come out. If there is no damage on the side walls of the piston, re-use them, its only the seals that will have degraded.

That's sounding good then. I recently serviced a set of Hope C2s, now they are a pain to remove pistons as they are screwed in. You shouldn't have an issues with these 04s, if the pistons move with the compressed air but only slightly, switch compressor off, spray WD40 and push them back in again. Then switch compressor back on. It can sometimes just be a case of going back and fore freeing them up but they will come out. If there is no damage on the side walls of the piston, re-use them, its only the seals that will have degraded.
Thank you for the help 👍🏻

Back